Thanks for taking the time to take a peek at my resume. If you’d prefer, you can download a pdf of my resume.
I make technology easier to use. Better to use. More fun to use. More interesting to use. I believe not only should technology work, but it should work well, seamlessly, and be delightful. It should resonate with people and tug at their emotions.
User Experience Research and Design
Create user profiles, personas, user flows, and scenarios. Design interactions and design prototypes. Conduct user study activities such as card sorting, wants and needs analysis, task analysis, interviews, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
Effective in Teams
Effectively and efficiently collaborate with clients and developers to generate designs that meet business and user needs. Enthusiastically work with design team members to design great user experiences.
Adept with Technology
Axure, Morae, CSS, PHP, HTML, SQL, jQuery, VB Script, SPSS, inDesign, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Premier, Photoshop, JAWS, Window-Eyes.
Master of Science in Human Centered Design and Engineering
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Concentration: User Centered Design
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
Certificate in Asian Studies
CenturyLink (formerly Qwest Communications)
Human Factors Engineer
May 2010 – present
- Work with clients and developers to create excellent experiences in a customer-facing account management portal.
- Create working prototypes and design specifications.
- Conduct accessibility evaluations.
- Facilitate usability tests.
University of Washington
Instructor – Advanced Technical Writing and Oral Communication
Mar 2008 – Dec 2009
- Instructed class of 25 students four hours per week.
- Developed class plans to effectively instruct engineering students in successful techniques of business writing and oral communication.
- Graded assignments and give feedback.
Instructor – Advanced Web Technologies
June 2009 – Aug 2009
- Instructed class of 7 students five hours per week.
- Developed curriculum plan focused on the fundamental web technologies associated with website design, content, and production.
- Guided students through the creation of a website for a real-world client. Site publication is pending.
Usability Study Project Leader (UW Research Group) – Windows Mobile Help System
Jan 2009 – Mar 2009
- Coordinated group of five student researchers to conduct usability evaluation of Windows Mobile Help websites.
- Developed user profile and user research activities.
- Wrote project proposal and test documents.
- Recruited users.
- Analyzed test data and report findings.
Stellar Structures, LLC for Robert Half Technology
Microsoft Access Developer
Jan 2007 – Sept 2008
- Maintained and developed project management program based on user requirements to produce job cost estimate bids, maintain records of current and previous bids.
- Designed user interface, reports, queries, custom menus, and forms.
- Developed code to facilitate complex data manipulation and handling of multiple queries, tables and databases.
- Created end-user documentation for project management software.
GE Engine Services Japan
Apr 2005 – Sept 2005
- Developed document inventory system using MS Access.
- Developed various in-house program solutions using VBScript and VBA.
- Provided software technical support to employees.
- Taught English to 5 Japanese employees twice a week.
Hardware Engineering Co-op
Sept 2002 – Mar 2005
- Primary responsibilities were to produce manufacturing test equipment and software.
- Wrote programs to automatically control test equipment, mainly oscilloscopes, for QA tests. In several cases, this eliminated the need for human involvement in the testing process, reduced testing time, and increased result accuracy.
- Implemented manufacturing test software per test requirements.
- Debugged new manufacturing test hardware and adjusted schematics accordingly.
- Performed product quality assurance tests.
- Maintained manufacturing test documentation.